Cover of Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is one important aspect of home ownership that not everyone pays attention to. It is important not only for selling a property, but also just for your own sense of wellbeing. A home that has curb appeal has a lot going for it.
What is Curb Appeal?
This refers to the external features of apartments or family homes that catch the attention of passersby. Notable features often include a beautiful front door, the color of the house, the landscaping or a combination of other external features.
How to Know if Your Home Has Curb Appeal
Determine if your home has curb appeal by:
- Viewing the house from across the street from as many angles as you can. Do so with a critical eye to determine whether anything about it is appealing. If you were a potential buyer would you want to see more of that house based on your curbside view?
- Examine the landscaping if there is any, and see if you could spruce it up to make the entire property more attractive.
- Does the first view of your home when you drive up give you a sense of satisfaction that it looks good and welcoming?
First impressions are definitely important and when selling apartments or family homes it can make or break a deal. Some potential buyers won’t even get out of their vehicles if their first sight of a home does not impress.
Simple Tips to Improving Curb Appeal
- A few simple changes can give a home curb appeal. Some of these include:
- Repainting or changing the entrance door is one simple step in the right direction.
- Cleaning railings or steps to make them shiny or repainting
- Putting in a flower beds with colorful seasonal plants or placing flowerpots with plants along the driveway
Curb appeal not only improves the salability of a home, it also boosts the value whether or not the property is being sold. It also serves to lift the spirits and pride of the homeowner.