If your home needs a makeover, and you can’t stand it the way it is for one more day, stop short of bashing any walls out and read the tips below for quick, easy changes that can give your home a fresh new look.
Walls, Floor, and Ceiling
Here are some tips for updating the walls, floor, and ceiling of your home — without changing too much.
- Wallpaper only one section of a room. The ceiling or the wall behind your bed’s headboard are ideal. Paint the other walls light colors that match the wallpaper’s color scheme.
- Cut one picture up into smaller pieces. Frame each piece and hang them so that the picture is reassembled.
- Paint the insides of your cabinets. Alternately, wallpaper the inside of your closet and dresser drawers.
Once the rooms themselves look better, it’s time to add some interesting items inside!
- Add one modern item to an old-fashioned room. Alternately, add one antique item to a modern room. Instant interest.
- Hang two large mirrors on opposite walls. The room will suddenly look spacious.
- Remove three things from every room in your home. Get rid of them. The less clutter, the better!
- Change your lights to dimmers for an instant soft, warm feel. Replacing them all at once is easy with discounts from sites like www.offers.com. Avoid blue lights, which feel cold.
- Decorate your candle holders. Try painting an old brass candle holder some pretty color, or even white.
- Paint your white paper lampshades. Soft, pretty colors make for an intimate glow.
Give these quick home makeover tips a try. You’ll be surprised how much of a difference they can make!